Monday, February 18, 2008

Seriously. That was taken?

Like most people, I have blogs in a couple of different places. Somebody recommends a spot for you to start posting for various reasons, like this place is so much more user friendly. Or don't post there because that site is lame and I will never read your blog so come over here. The problem I have is creating a new account. Not the actual doing of it. It's the coming up with user names. First I start with my actual name. First initial and last name. Not available. Various combinations using first, middle, and last name. Not available. Huh? I have a pretty uncommon name. How is this possible? I don't like just adding a number just for the sake of getting it done. Instead of being a loser, now you are loser222. Now you are just an unimaginable bastard to the power of the number you typed after it. So now I'm trying to get clever. Now I'm typing in cool characters from various worlds of fiction. All taken. Now I'm getting pissed. Let's just start flinging out random word combinations. 'Traintrackbuttslap', 'Meatlogbookmark', 'Alfalfawondernuts'. Taken, taken, taken. Are you fucking kidding me? How are these Frankensteinish words of doom taken? And of all things, they are being taken as user names. Hey, if you want to be known as 'Traintrackbuttslap' in the privacy of your own home, cool, good for you. But the world doesn't need to be privy to that information. So finally, after hours of soul searching, and pouring over your dictionary slash thesaurus, your user name is finally accepted. Hallelujah! So rejoice Dorkface@fartbreath.com, now you just need to come up with a password. Good luck.

1 comment:

Julie said...

This works for me. Even if it did take you years.